ohio flag An official government website.
Extras Toggle


According to Ohio Plumbing Code it is required that all necessary permits be obtained for any applicable plumbing, water and sewage systems prior to starting work on any of these systems. This includes any plumbing work being done on additions or basement finishes to pre-existing constructed homes and businesses.

The Butler County General Health District issues all plumbing permits for Butler County unless it falls under the jurisdiction of City of Hamilton or the City of Middletown.  

It is also understood that NO dwelling shall be occupied until final tests and inspections have been completed for plumbing, water and sewage systems. It is also understood that any approval given on the basis of false or inaccurate information shall be void.

Re-inspection fees can occur if deemed necessary by the Butler County General Health District.

Plumbing and Medical Gas Permit fees are updated annually.  For a current list of Plumbing and Medical Gas Permit fees see our Fees, Forms, and Applications page.

The Ohio Revised Code Construction Industry License Board chapter 4740.01-4740.99 states that all Licensed Professionals must have their State of Ohio Contractors License if doing commercial work. If you are going to be doing any kind of commercial work, please send a copy of your Ohio State Contractors License with your registration fees so we may keep it on file.

To register in Butler County, you must pay an annual fee (due by January 1 of each calendar year).  There are four different registrations that a person may hold in Butler County, titles and fees are available HERE.
If you have any questions regarding registrations please call the Butler County General Health District (513) 863-1770.
All professionals performing sewage or plumbing work are required by the Ohio Revised Code/Administrative Code to be registered with the local health district where they are working.  Please see our Fees, Forms, and Applications page for a list of professionals registered with the Butler County Health District. 

We advise the public to USE ONLY REGISTERED OR LICENSED PROFESSIONALS to do sewage or plumbing work. The public is advised NOT to use persons if they are not listed on our website. If you have a question about someone who may have registered after publication of this list, please call our office and ask about their registration status (513-863-1770).

Persons performing plumbing or sewage work in Butler County while unregistered will be turned over to the Prosecutor's Office for further action. If you know of persons performing work in Butler County who are not registered, please file a complaint with us in writing via the Contact Us page, send an email to BOH@butlercountyohio.org or a letter by mail.

Thank you for your assistance in keeping the people of Butler County healthy!