Maternal & Infant Health
BUTLER COUNTY INFANT VITALITY ANNUAL REPORT 2022, issued 1/19/22
INFANT VITALITY 2022 INFOGRAPHIC
Butler County Women’s Wellness Public Health Campaign: The Whole Woman Project
One of the best indicators of the health of a community is its infant mortality rate. The death of a child before their first birth day is known as infant mortality. The infant mortality rate is the number of infant deaths for every 1,000 live births. Infant mortality is often associated with factors such as maternal health, access to and quality of health care, socioeconomic conditions and health policies.
Research shows that lower income families are impacted more often by infant deaths of all causes, and that Black and Hispanic families are impacted more often than white families. Most often infant deaths in our county are due to three things: prematurity, lack of prenatal care, and sleep related deaths. These are all complicated issues.
In 2013, partners from across Butler County came together to build strategies that would reduce racial disparities in infant death and improve birth outcomes. By 2014, the Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality (PRIM) was formed.
Based on input from the community, data analysis, capacity and a review of infant mortality literature, the PRIM initiatives are focused on:
- Policy Change
- Smoking Cessation - Baby and Me Tobacco Free
- Certified Community Health Worker (CHW) workforce
- Breastfeeding Support
- Safe Sleep
- Father Involvement
- Faith-Based Support
- Community Engagement
- A partnership with Help Me Grow Central Intake to increase the number of African American women enrolled in a Home Visiting program
Social Determinants of Health Outcomes in Butler County: Priority Areas with the Highest Rates of Infant Mortality 2022
Butler County Infant Vitality Annual Report 2020
Butler County Infant Vitality Annual Report 2019
Ohio Department of Health, Fetal Infant Mortality Review (FIMR)
Ohio Department of Health, Pregnancy Associated Mortality Review
To follow Butler County Partnership to Reduce Infant Mortality on social media click on here: Facebook page.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by DATE in Descending Order within category
Maternal and Infant Health Reports15 documents
Butler County Reports12 documents
- Infant Vitality Annual Report 2022 Issued 1/19/23
- Social Determinants of Health Outcomes in Butler County Priority Areas with the Highest Rates of Infant Mortality 2022
- Butler County Infant Vitality Annual Report 2021
- Child Fatality Review 2020 Annual Report
- Infant Vitality 2020 Annual Report
- Butler County Ohio Equity Institute Infant Vitality Annual Report Fiscal year 10.1.2019 - 9.30.2020
- Maternal and Infant Health Assessment Chartbook 2014
- Community Health Assessment: Infant Mortality 2015
- Infant Mortality Profile 2016
- Community Progesterone Survey Report 2018
- Infant Vitality Annual Report 2018
- Infant Vitality Annual Report 2019