FEES, FORMS AND APPLICATIONS
FEE SCHEDULE 2023
Due to COVID-19 staff reassignments and temporary business closures, the cost methodology for 2022 licenses was greatly reduced. Please keep in mind that fees for 2023 should return to pre-pandemic levels.
Fee schedules are reviewed and approved by the Board of Health on an annual basis and includes the following services:
1. Household Sewage Treatment System
2. Food Service Operations
3. Private water
4. Pools and spas
5. Tattoo and Body Art Businesses
6. RV Parks
7. Health Release
We accept payment via cash, checks, money order, or credit card. There is a 2.35% transaction fee for credit card purchases ($1.95 minimum). Identification matching credit card used is required. We do not accept personal checks for birth or death certificates.
All professionals performing sewage or plumbing work are required by the Ohio Revised Code/Administrative Code to be registered with the local health district where they are working. Please see below for a list of professionals registered with the Butler County Health District.
We advise the public to USE ONLY REGISTERED OR LICENSED PROFESSIONALS to do sewage or plumbing work. The public is advised NOT to use persons if they are not listed on our website. If you have a question about someone who may have registered after publication of this list, please call our office and ask about their registration status (513-863-1770).
Persons performing plumbing or sewage work in Butler County while unregistered will be turned over to the Prosecutor's Office for further action. If you know of persons performing work in Butler County who are not registered, please file a complaint with us in writing via the Contact Us page, by sending an email to BOH@butlercountyohio.org, or a letter by mail.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping the people of Butler County healthy!
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Fee Schedules1 document
- Fee Schedule 2023 Issued 1/3/23
Food Service Operation9 documents
- Facility Layout and Equipment Review (Guidelines) and Review Application
- Micromarket Plan Review Application
- Guidelines and Application for Temporary Food Service License 2023 Updated 12/1/22
- Mobile Plan Review Guidelines & Application
- Fire Department Mobile Food Truck Requirements
- Food Truck Fire Fact Sheet
- Providers of Person-In-Charge (PIC) Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level one") & Manager Certification in Food Protection (formerly "level two") Food Safety Training
- Ohio Food Safety Code
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Division of Food Safety
Private Water6 documents
- Steps for Constructing a Private Water System
- Requirements for Sealing Abandonment Private Wells or Keeping a Private Well After Connecting to Public Water or Drilling a New Well - FAQ's
- Disinfection of Water Well
- List of Ohio Registered Private Water Contractors ODH's lists of registered private water systems contractors and water haulers.
- Private Water Variance Application
- Water Sample Request Form 2023
Septic Registered Professionals5 documents
- Registered Professionals - Septic Updated 2/10/2023
Vital Statistics1 document
Soil Scientist / Designers1 document
- Site Soil Evaluators and Designer Consultation Professionals Updated 8/15/2022
- Sewage Treatment System Regulation
- Sewage Contractor Test Link
- Aerobic Unit Maintenance
- Sewage System Operation Survey
- Contractor Testing Requirements
- Operation and Maintenance Assessment Report Updated 7/21/22
- NPDES Information for Homeowners Updated 5/3/2021
- Operation & Maintenance of a Household Sewage Treatment System
- Operation Permit Terms and Conditions 2022
Sewage Grant for Home Owners1 document
Sewage Applications for the Public6 documents
- Application for Site Review for Household Sewage Treatment System (HSTS) 2023 Updated 1/4/2023
- Sewage Treatment System - Abandonment Permit Updated 5/27/22
- Permit to Install or Alter a Sewage Treatment System 2021
- Sanitation Review for Deed Transfer (Lot Split/Replat) 2021
- Health Review for Zoning Variance Approval 2021
- Butler County Board of Health Sewage Variance Application 2021